Thursday 9 March 2017

West Shore Community Centre

West Shore Community Centre
I have been thinking about a skate spot in the West Shore area since plans were paused for the spot at Petticoat Creek Community Centre.
The area for a skate spot was re-sodded after a project in the nearby ravine and is on a slight slope and measures approx. 25 ft x 200ft. It's location is 200ft from the closest residence and is easily accessed along Bayly or the Waterfront trail. Being on a thoroughfare allows for passive observance which dissuades undesirable behavior. (source - The Skatepark Project)

The area used as a work zone.

This is perfect for a "path style' skate spot like Markham's Leitchcroft Skate Spot or Georgetown's Jubilee Skate Spot.
Markham, ON.

Georgetown, ON.

Based on other design concepts I have seen produced by New Line and Spectrum I created my own.




Crossing my fingers.

Click HERE to see how we got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment