Wednesday 7 December 2016

Milton Community Park Skatepark

Milton Community Park Skatepark

I'll admit I was not hyped on the design when I first saw it. I thought the flow section was too narrow and features like the 'Taco Grande' and the 'Donut Roll' were unnecessary. They may be neat "artistic" features, but how functional would they be?
 Original concept. Actual park is flipped.
I though (based on the 3D render) that the Donut would look like this.

Checked out the construction on day and everything looked pretty good.

 I'm happy to say I was wrong about the design and this park is great. The park is larger than the design suggests. The flow section is wide and you can pump, launch, flow and build speed. The tech sections were big and perfect. The space donut is fantastic. The bowl has steps and a deathbox and is just right for experienced shredders or kids learning to ride transition from the bottom up.  The middle of the triangular design is concrete so you can skate and transfer everywhere and there's no debris from a grass infield.  Oh, and it’s lit!

From the top on the 'Taco Grande'



The 'Space Donut'

Flow section & Big Stairs.

Flow

Big Set

Small Section & Tech Zone from the Bank to Curb.

Nice, smooth Amoeba Bowl.

Bowl features Pool Coping, Stairs and a Deathbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment