Thursday 19 September 2013

365 Project hits the road. Day 5

Day 257.
5th day of trip.
Winnipeg, Manitoba.
 I got up early and hit Skatepark West. Something familiar about this feature.
 Woke Amy up and we went to Michael Komenda Memorial Skatepark. Amy had just gotten her wheels on when it started pouring.
We tried to beat the rain to Fort Garry Skatepark but, alas, we were no match for Mother Nature.
 Again, that's what spare decks are for.

Next we hit Green Apple Skateboard Shop. A must for this trip.

 Amy and I checked out The Forks.

Some cool deck art at The Forks.
Downtown Winnipeg had "No skateboarding" signs everywhere.
 After a little break we went out and hit Sargent Park,

 And Chornick Park, one of the oldest parks in canada.
 Lastly, I hit Red River Skatepark. I don't know who built this thing but it was sweet.

We met my parents in Winnipeg. Mom was there for a nursing school reunion and dad tagged along.  

No comments:

Post a Comment