Sunday 9 June 2013

London Mate! Ontario that is.

The day after my birthday a few years ago I took off super early and drove to London, ON in an attempt to hit all their parks. London has a very progressive view on skateparks. Check out http://www.london.ca/d.aspx?s=/Sports_and_Recreation/skateboarding.htm. Many of the parks are small community skate spots but they are great none the less.  There are some misses along with these hits but London has modified, upgraded and replaced parks with issues as well as adding new parks in different areas of the city. Straight up, London has more parks than Toronto.

Made it to town at around 7 am.
Almedia skate spot 
White Oaks. This park has been improved but I have not been back since.
Basil Grover skate spot. This park has everything a small park needs.
West Lions. The Mini saved this park. Again, modifications have been done.

Then I had 2 misshaps. 1. Victoria park is a large community park in the downtown of London. It hosts many of the city's big events. There is a band shell with several large concrete and metal benches in front of it hence its nick name, Ledge Land. Ledge Land is a city approved skateboard area when the park is not in use. When I arrived, it was.  
Off to the next park.
Closed.
The Citys largest park was where I was supposed to meet a friend. It was closed due to construction of a massive addition.  So we met at the next park on my list.
 Kiwanis Park.   
Eventually we split and had lunch. Another friend called and said he was coming out to London to meet up with me.
 While waiting I hit Stronach Park.
Met him back at Kiwanis and then we drove to 
Tillsonburg, ON on the way home.

A few months later I went back out to London to hit some new parks and the ones I missed.
The giant Medway Bowl.
Ledge Land
Wolseley Barracks OG
Wolseley Barracks Pool
 Wolseley Barracks Upgrade.
more new stuff in London to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment